Tantitha Rise is located on a parcel of land adjacent to the historic Tantitha Homestead.
Acquired by Henry Alfred Tryer and James Henderson in 1866, the original Tantitha Station spanned the area from the mouth of the Burnett River, upstream to future Oakwood, then to the north taking in the future districts of Gooburrum and Welcome Creek and on to where it met a Kolan station boundary at Moore Park.
Over the years the land was divided and sold seeing different owners and usages such as: a cattle run, a diary and pony breeding grounds. Latest history saw the land offered for use by the Musgrave Pony Club.
The centre piece of the station is the Tantitha homestead. As one of Bundaberg’s oldest surviving homes and thought to have been built around 1879, the home forms an integral part of the estate and features: 3m verandahs, 4m ceilings, 3 fireplaces, separate kitchen with attached maid’s quarters (converted to a pantry), formal dining and lounge rooms, sitting and drawing rooms and 6 bedrooms. At one point a school room was also added.
The homestead overlooks a large lagoon which in the past was frequented by many for swimming. There was even a water jump for the horses given the history of the land with the Young family for recreational horse riding.
Tantitha Rise will enjoy an integral association with the historic homestead which, upon completion, will nestle at the back of the parcel of land. Tantitha Rise is bordered by Tantitha Road, the lagoon, the homestead and Fairymead Road.